My name is Rachel Yates and I’m delighted to be joining the team at Esthetique providing cosmetic acupuncture treatments to help combat the effects of aging. I’ve extensive experience with acupuncture through my job as a musculoskeletal physiotherapist and became really interested in its use in the world of aesthetics. I feel passionately about being able to provide people with a facial rejuvenation treatment that is both safe and extremely effective.
Facial acupuncture has been around for thousands of years and is widely regarded as a very natural and holistic treatment. It works by boosting the water and oil content of the skin and works wonders in softening deep wrinkles and minimising fine lines. Studies have shown that it can improve the elasticity of the skin by promoting the production of new collagen and has the additional holistic benefits of reducing stress and anxiety. It can be used as an alternative to, or in conjunction with other facial treatments like botox and dermal fillers. If you think this treatment might be for you, please book in for a complimentary initial consultation.
What treatment packages do we offer?
• A detox treatment that targets one specific area of the face i.e. forehead, eyes, mouth
• Reduces fine lines and softens deep wrinkles in your area of choice, resulting in smoother skin tone and texture
• Duration 30 minutes
• Cost £60
• A full-face detox package that softens lines and wrinkles in all areas of the face
• Boosts hydration of skin and promotes collagen production resulting in firmer, tighter and fresher looking skin
• Duration 40 minutes
• Cost £90
• Full full-face detox protocol that indulges lines and wrinkles
• Addition of powerful targeted acupoints in gold and platinum treatments reduces stress, anxiety and promotes a sense of well-being
• Face massage using Gua Sha facial rollers to enhance circulatory benefits post-treatment
• Additional face mask to optimise the hydrating effects of this aesthetic treatment, boosting the production of hyaluronic acid and rejuvenating your overall complexion
• Duration 60 mins
• Cost £140
• Full-face protocol indulging lines and wrinkles with the addition of powerful targeted acupoints aimed at reducing stress, anxiety and promoting a sense of well-being
• Face massage using Gua sha rollers to boost lymphatic drainage post-treatment with a soothing face mask to hydrate and moisturize the skin
• Advanced assessment of myofascial trigger points in the face and neck musculature with targeted treatment where appropriate
• Duration 70 mins
• Cost £180.
6 treatment packages offer
BRONZE - £400 SILVER – £500 GOLD – £800 PLATINUM - £1000
• Auricular / ear acupuncture based on the NADA protocol
• Gold standard detox treatment widely used to treat a variety of addiction and mental health issues
Anxiety and depression
Eating disorders including over-eating
• The five ear points used are as follows.
1) Sympathetic – calms the nervous system and helps with overall relaxation.
(2) Shen Men / “Spirit Gate” – reduces anxiety and nervousness.
(3) Kidney Point – for calming fears and healing internal organs.
(4) Liver Point – for detoxification, blood purification, and to quell aggression.
(5) Lung Point – promotes aeration and helps clients let go of grief.
• Duration 30 mins
• Cost £50
Special offer - Introductory ‘Taster’ Session
• An ideal opportunity to sample facial aesthetic acupuncture
• Involves the insertion of a small number of fine needles targeting problem areas on the face
• Duration 30 minutes
• Cost £40
Boosts Hydration & Collagen
Unfortunately, as we age our skin starts to dry out and loses some of it's elasticity. Facial aesthetic enhancement (FACE) works by increasing circulation to the skin and underlying tissues. The vasodilation of the blood vessels helps to boost the water and oil content of the skin and promotes the production of new collagen. This helps to re-hydrate the skin and improve elasticity. It can lift, firm and tone those areas that are vulnerable to age related changes and can even-out variations in skin tone. This process works to revitalise your complexion and enhance your facial architecture in a safe and natural way.
Boosts Tissue Health
The gentle application of fine needles stimulates local tissues and produces a mild inflammatory healing response. This results in an increase in blood flow that helps to remove damaged tissue and cell debris from facial tissues. Whilst this inflammatory response seeks to repair damaged tissue, it also aids muscle regeneration and consequently enhances the overall health of your underlying facial structures. The combined effect of microcirculation and inflammation can create a tighter feeling to the skin immediately after treatment leading to an overall improved appearance.
A unique facet to cosmetic acupuncture is that it has the additional benefits of reducing stress, anxiety and it can even improve sleep. This is achieved through the stimulation and release of our body's natural endorphins with chemicals such as serotonin and oxytocin working to boost our mood and generally promoting an overall feeling of systemic rejuvenation. Through a selection of carefully chosen acupoints we can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system to produce feelings of rest and relaxation.
Boosts Treatment Options
This type of anti-aging treatment works wonderfully alongside other surgical and non-surgical facial aesthetic cosmetic procedures, but it can also be chosen as a safer alternative to some of these therapies. It has taken Hollywood by storm over the past few years with a large number of A-List celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Sandra Bullock choosing to use it either in conjunction with, or as an alternative to botox and surgical face lifts. Its ability to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and boost natural radiance has been a major selling point for a lot of people.